Forums
Bumpin' Uglies :: Forums :: Gaming Lounge :: WarZ

« Previous topic | Next topic »
Colorado v2 out Monday. Pick up your lockers.
Author Post
FzyBunnySliprs
Sat Oct 19 2013, 02:46am Print
FzyBunnySliprs
Admin Registered Member #2 Joined: Thu Sep 03 2009, 12:01am
NOTE: NONE OF THESE ARE LIVE THESE ARE PRE-PATCH NOTES.

Hey Survivors!

We are tentatively scheduled for releasing the big V2 patch on Monday Oct 21, 2013. We intend to bring the servers down at 2pm PDT -7 GMT. Please understand if any major issues are found during our testing we will not be able to release on Monday.

This is a very complicated patch compared to our previous patches so our downtime will be 2 hours with a potential 6 hour down time.

New Additions

V2 Colorado Test servers are now live! There are 10 V2 test servers for players to join in each region. 10 US V2 Test servers, 10 EU V2 test servers. GI access is disabled for these test servers. You cannot take items off the test servers. You CAN bring items to the test servers! Stats are ignored on the test server. Kills, deaths, etc will not be recorded. There is also no death timer for the V2 Test server. Upon death you will be returned to the menu and your character will be alive. Safe zones are DISABLED for the V2 Test server.
Added South America (Based in Brazil) region to server browser. (No private servers for SA yet).
Swimming has been added. Just enter water to begin swimming.
Food & medical supplies have received new cooldowns based on amount of food, water, sprint or health restored.
Coconut Water, Ham, Tuna, Electro-aid, Juice, Energy Drink / 3 seconds
Soup, Bandages /6 seconds
Pain Killers /9 seconds
Antibiotics, MRE /12 seconds
Bandages DX /15 seconds
Medkit /20 seconds
Group members can no longer injure each other. There is an exception to this rule -> explosive grenade damage can still injure your group members. This is to prevent teammates throwing grenades in a room while another player storms in guns a blazing and does not have to worry about grenade damage. Once in group, if you decide to leave or you are kicked from the group all members will receive a notification in chat announcing that in 30 SECONDS they will no longer be in the group. After 30 seconds they will be un-grouped and able to kill each other as normal.
Different medical status icons have been added to the game. The only aliment one can acquire right now is the zombie virus infection. More are coming soon.
Total sprint stamina has been increased by 60% for all players to accommodate the size increase of V2.
Dead players can no longer talk on VOIP.
Trial Accounts no longer have access to Clans page.
Added additional slots to the TeddyBear Backpack so that it is now in between a small and medium backpack. +3 slots.
Added more zombie animations and improved upon old ones

Bug Fixes

Scopes no longer affect third person unless it is a sniper rifle. Example: Right clicking with a compact scope previously in third person would cause you to scope into your weapon with a strange model. This is now fixed. Scopes will only display when in first person now.
Player footsteps *SHOULD* now be working on surfaces. Please let us know if you find an area without footsteps.
Favorite servers / Recent server options are now working.
Night Vision Military renamed to NVG Goggles.
NVG Goggles renamed to K Style NVG
Fixed some rare crashing occurrences.
Fixed some rocks that allowed players to clip into them
Fixed a bug that prevented barricade placement from resetting when going into inventory.
Fixed zombies hitting players through walls in 90%+ of scenarios.
Fixed a bug with the clearview pharmacy.
Trees that appeared to phase in and out of existence and "blink" have been fixed.
Improved overall zombie navigation around the map.

Al Keda
Mon Oct 21 2013, 05:46pm
Al Keda
Registered Member #255 Joined: Tue Apr 17 2012, 04:04pm
Fix where Punkbuster will kick you to the desktop and back tot he game for 5 seconds usually while in combat and lets Zombies eat your brains?? No. sad
FzyBunnySliprs
Tue Oct 22 2013, 04:38pm
FzyBunnySliprs
Al, the update was only on the test servers. V2 wasn't on our server last night. Not sure why they took all servers down to NOT update them. I would suggest stripping down to bare essentials and hitting one of the test servers to see if you still drop to desktop.
Al Keda
Tue Oct 22 2013, 05:46pm
Al Keda
K, will try that.
T1nmaN
Tue Oct 22 2013, 07:45pm
T1nmaN
Registered Member #227 Joined: Mon Oct 31 2011, 04:35pm
I was playing last night on our server, and the sprint was increased as well as swimming now! I did however find it very laggy, and almost unplayable so use caution!
Al Keda
Wed Oct 23 2013, 05:42pm
Al Keda
The test server worked for me! No kick to desktop, at least as long as I lived. Some helpful soul started braining me with a flashlight as I was introducing my flashlight to a zombie. Rather pointless, as test servers are non-event servers. You only spawn with a small backpack and falshlight, and don't get XP.

Run is greatly improved! Zombies in the grass are easier to see! Footsteps you can hear everywhere! Enemy footsteps from zombies and players too.

And the starting theme is so much better.
FzyBunnySliprs
Thu Oct 24 2013, 03:05am
FzyBunnySliprs
So glad to hear Al! Now if they'd just fix the lag & lighting and apply v2 to our server...
Al Keda
Thu Oct 24 2013, 07:26pm
Al Keda
FzyBunnySliprs wrote ...

So glad to hear Al! Now if they'd just fix the lag & lighting and apply v2 to our server...

I did get it once last night in our server. I spawned it at the trailer park, went once around it (zombies in the park now!) got a whole firemans helment and went back to Blue Ridge, and it happened once. Instead of every 10 minutes. Not bad, but not 100% yet.

I thought the server was pretty good, but the colours are all wrong. It's like the world is one big lens flare. Or Star Trek movie. Same thing.

Go to: